Words have the ability to etch a lingering and everlasting impact on any listener. Therefore, we believe that expressing thankfulness is something that can go a long way in conveying gratitude to a person. But saying a mere “thank you so much” makes it look more like a formality rather than demonstrating indebtedness. Hence, a thank you speech can be used to demonstrate appreciation in a heartfelt manner. Keeping this in mind, we have prepared a set of Short thank you speech samples for various occasions to make it easier for you to give credit to your loved ones in a wholesome manner.
- Here’s to those who inspire you and don’t even know it.
- Let us be kinder to one another.
- Thank you for being an important part of my story.
- A moment of gratitude makes a difference in your attitude.
Wedding Thank You Speech
A wedding thank you speech from the bride and groom is a special way to thank all the loved ones and the guests. The wedding thank you speech is a way to heartfully thank everyone around for making the most important day of their life special.
Rachel and I want to thank all of our guests for being here to celebrate our special day. We are grateful to the love and courtesy which everyone has garnered upon us, not just today but since the time you all have known us. We also want to thank everyone who was involved in the planning of the wedding. The wedding would not have been as beautiful without your service. As we venture into our married life, I hope that the love and support which we have received continues. I thank you all, again, for taking out time out of your busy schedules to be here on our special day. It means a lot to both of us, and words fall short to express my thankfulness today.
- It isn’t what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.
- The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
Business Thank You Speech
The most important rule in corporate life is acknowledgement and appreciation. If your colleague has done extraordinary work or helped you in some day. If you have been promoted and want to formally thank everyone in your team, a speech is formally the best way to do so.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome which you all have bestowed upon me. I would like to thank everyone who was involved in opening the operations of our well-renowned business. I would also like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the CEO for giving me the responsibility to head the Indian operations. The employees, who are the strength of our company, cannot be thanked enough for making this company a global giant. I would also like to thank the Indian citizens for their hospitality and receiving our company so openly and warmly. Lastly, I would like to thank the government for allowing us to set up operations in the country and fast-tracking the permits and the licensing processes.
- Thank you for always being there for me even when I’m being a pain in the rear.
- Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them, the rest of us could not succeed.
Event-Based Thank You Speech
Thank you speech in the beginning and end of the event is a way to express your gratitude to all the people who supported the event.
Thank you, everyone, for being a part of this charity drive on empowering women from rural towns and villages. We feel humbled from the immense support which we have received from everyone for this cause. Since we are an NGO, it is only your unconditional assistance which makes it possible for us to garner more support and concern towards this critical issue. I would also like to express my gratitude to the event organisers for implementing this event at such short notice and making it a memorable one. The sponsors, also deserve a mention, for giving us the needful funds which brought this issue into the minds of everyone. Lastly, I would like to thank all the volunteers and we assure you that your voice will not go unheard and your donations will be put to fruitful use.
- A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.
- For it is in giving that we receive.
Retirement is a time when you feel so overwhelmed and feel short of words. Express your mixed feeling and thank everyone around with a short flattering speech. Retirement speech can be for your own retirement or for the retirement of your mentor.
Thank you, Mr Morris, for the kind and flattering words. It has been a joy working for you over the past 22 years. Moreover, I want to thank everyone for being present here on my last day at the office. I must particularly mention Mr Brooks, Mr Finch and Mrs Brown from the Sales Department, who have been with me for the past 22 years. Thank you, all three of you, for teaching me so much and developing me into the person that I am today. I would also like to thank Dora for taking care of all of us and making sure that the coffee which we received every morning was always strong. Lastly, I would like to thank my family without whom none of this would have been possible.
- Happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give.
- It’s not about how much we give but how much love we put into giving.
Birthday Thank You Speech
It takes a lot to spare some time from everyone’s busy lives and plan something special for someone. If you have been lucky to have surrounded by people who throw a surprise birthday party or take some time for your birthday party, make sure to bestow them with a kind thank you speech.
Thank you, everyone, for taking out some time and being present on my 25th birthday. I don’t mean to be a buzz killer, therefore, I’ll keep it short and simple. Birthdays make me realize how grateful I am to each and every one of you, who have played such an immense part in my life. I would like to thank all my friends, with whom I’ve shared innumerate memorable moments. My colleagues from work deserve a special thanks for teaching me so much in such a short time span. I would also like to thank my boss who has allowed me to take a day off on my special day and made time to grace this occasion. Lastly, I would like to thank my parents for their unconditional support and making this life possible for me.
- There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.
- Thank you for making so many ordinary moments, extraordinary.
- Thank you for always giving me the extra push I need.
- You are the best because you brought out the best in us.
- We don’t know them all, but we owe them all! Thank you.
- I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you, my heart has no bottom.
- We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.
- Thank you for touching my life in ways you never know.
There were some thank you speech samples for various occasions like wedding, birthday, retirement and many more. Hope these words give you an idea for your next remarkable speech.
Things You Should Know
Begin the speech by expressing your gratitude for being honored and your appreciation for the people who are honoring you. List a few people by name who played a crucial role in your success. If you have a brief story or highlight from your experience, share it with the audience.
- Thank you for your valuable advice.
- Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.
- I am grateful for your valuable insight.
- I truly appreciate the advice you gave me.
- Your advice has been most helpful — thank you!
Being specific is a great way to capture the reader's attention. For example, if someone shared an anecdote with you that stuck, share the story and why it made such an impression on you. You can also include examples of how nice everyone has been since day one (if true) and thank them for their continued support.How do you say thank you in a few words? ›
- I am grateful to you.
- I am indebted to you.
- I'm obliged.
- I'm thankful.
- I appreciate it.
- I'm really appreciative of what you did.
- I can't thank you enough.
Expressing gratitude can bring a calm sense of well-being. Gratitude includes saying “thank you” and being polite. But it goes beyond these expectations. Expressing gratitude is the beginning of courtesy, generosity, concern, and appreciation for family members and others.What is a good thank you sentence? ›
Meaningful Quotes that Convey Gratitude. This is from my heart, to thank you for everything you have done for me, for all the times I forgot to tell you how I feel about you, and how happy I am that you are in my life. Thanks for being by my side and supporting my decisions every step of the way.What is an example of employee appreciation speech? ›
Thank you for being such a great example of what it means to work for [company name.] We have held the company value of [insert value] since the beginning. We see you living that value every day and through your work, and we wanted to acknowledge that we see your effort and are so thankful.How do you say thank you meaningfully? ›
- I appreciate your time.
- I cannot express my appreciation.
- I can't thank you enough.
- I couldn't have done it without you.
- I don't have words to thank you.
- I don't know how to thank you.
- I don't know what I would do without you.
- I have so much gratitude for you.
- 1 “You're the best” ...
- 2 “I owe you” ...
- 3 “Many thanks” ...
- 4 “My warmest thanks” ...
- 5 “I can't thank you enough” ...
- 6 “You're a lifesaver” ...
- 7 “Thank you kindly” ...
- 8 “Much obliged”
- I'm so grateful. Thanks is an expression of gratitude, so cut to the chase. ...
- I appreciate it. ...
- Thanks for your hard work on this. ...
- I couldn't have done it without you. ...
- I owe you one. ...
- Much obliged. ...
- Thanks for having my back. ...
- Please accept my deepest gratitude.
- “Thanks for… / Thank you for…”
- “Thanks a lot. Thank you so/very much.”
- “Thanks a million!”
- “Thanks in advance.”
- “I really appreciate it. I'm really grateful.”
- “That's very kind of you.”
- “It meant a lot to me.”
- “I can't thank you enough.”
As a token of our appreciation for the whole team, we are sending this email to let you know how grateful we are for the amazing work on the [project name]. Completing this project would not have been possible without your valuable input and efforts. Thank you so much, everyone. Let's keep pushing ourselves!How do you say thank you all in group? ›
- "Thank you for being there for me. ...
- "Thank you for your support. ...
- "Thank you for your friendship. ...
- "Thank you for always being there for me. ...
- "Thank you for your kindness. ...
- "You are so generous! ...
- "Thank you, everyone for your thoughtfulness. ...
- "Thank you for making me laugh.
A thank you to your team
I appreciate everything this team has done to complete this project on time. I want to show my appreciation to you all for your hard work on this project. I want to thank your team for their hard work and dedication. This team is an inspiration to the rest of the company.
To express your gratitude for a kind deed
I can't even begin to explain how much your help meant to me. Thank you for always stepping in to help when I need you most. Thank you for taking the time to help me, it really meant a lot. Thank you for sharing your home with me, I had such a great time catching up.
- Thank you. / Thanks so much. / Thanks a lot. / Thanks a bunch. / Thanks a ton. / Thanks!
- I really appreciate it. / You shouldn't have.
- I don't know what to say! / That's very kind.
- You're the best. / I owe you one. / You rock.
I appreciate this/ I appreciate your help/I appreciate all you've done for me: This is another way of saying thank you, and one that works in both formal and professional settings. But, this is more about appreciation than actual gratitude.