Last updated on date 24 May, 2023 and Reviewed by Krysti Conniff (BSN,RN)
Sending thank you letters have become a bit of an unspoken rule in almost every major profession, and medical assistants are no different. When you write a thank you letter, you need to make it as personal as possible while still keeping the distance of formality. This balance needs to be struck well and fast so that you can cement your personality in the memories of the interviewer or for your externship. It is especially relevant when you are writing a medical assistant thank you letter.
If they are written well, they have the capability of propelling your case faster than most of your peers.
Things to Include in your MA Thank You Letter
You need to keep in mind a few basic things when writing a medical assistant thank you letter. Your medical assistant thank you note needs to be balanced between formality and personal terminology. In addition to this, you need to have the basic guidelines as follows:
- Thank them for managing time from their precious hours to arrange an interview or meet with you, as the case may be
- Provide them a brief description of your skills and how they are relevant to the job or position that you are applying for
- Thank them a second time for having the patience to read through your letter and for considering you as a candidate for the job or position
Medical Assistant Thank You Letter Examples
There are many cases and scenarios, where you might have to write a medical assistant, thank you note. We have broadly categorized them into 6 different areas. Of course, the nuances of each case may be different, but broadly, the following are the times when you might write a medical assistant thank you letter.
1. Medical Assistant Thank You Letter After Interview
25th February 2021
ADC Cardiology ClinicCalifornia, CA 98650
|Subject: Thanking you for the medical assistant interview for Cardiologist Medical Assistant position|
|Dear Ms. Dawson,|
I sincerely thank you for arranging the time to interview me regarding the Cardiologist Medical Assistant position at ADC Cardiology Clinic.
Not only did I learn more about the workings of the hospital, but I also had a wonderful time conversing with you. Cardiology is especially close to me since multiple members of my family have suffered from heart-related issues. I believe that my previous experience in handling these issues gives me a different perspective and passion for the position.
Id be highly obliged if I could hear from you regarding this in the near future.
2. Medical Assistant Thank You Letter after Externship
26th January 2021
Parkland Family Medicine ClinicDallas, TX 75235
|Subject: Thanking you for the medical assistant externship|
I offer my sincerest gratitude for the wonderful experience as a Medical Assistant Extern at Parkland Family Medicine Clinic.
During my eight weeks as the extern at the clinic, I have learned more than I could have possibly imagined. This eight-week externship was worth many theory classes put together and has enriched my knowledge regarding the field extensively. It has incited a new passion for continuing along this line of study and finding simple solutions to our everyday problems in the area.
I thank you once again for putting your faith in me and allowing me to learn beside your expert hands.
3. Medical Assistant Thank You Letter after the Externship
February 22, 2021
Mid-County Health CenterPortland, OR 97236
|Subject: Thanking you for an enriching experience during my externship|
Thank you for the opportunity of the externship, which was offered to me at Mid-County Health Center. I feel incredibly grateful for this four-week training program, as it has helped me immensely.
The hands-on experience and learning the ins and outs of this field through your capable leadership have taught me some valuable lessons. These ideas and lessons would help me form my foundation as I tread carefully into this vast and challenging area of my career.
Please accept my heartiest thanks for this learning opportunity.
4. Medical Assistant Thank You Letter (Entry-level)
20th January 2021
Laurel Cardiology ClinicSan Francisco, CA 94109
|Subject:Thanking you for the entry-level medical assistantship position|
It seems that I cannot thank you enough for the effort that you have taken to get me associated with your office at Laurel Cardiology Clinic. I cannot help but notice how warm and welcoming everyone was and the amount of dedication and professional work ethic they showed towards their jobs.
As you are well aware, I had engaged in an externship in the previous year where the competence required was very similar to the job that I have been given here at your office.
I am quite familiar with the necessary steps that need to be followed as a Cardiologist Medical Assistant. I also work exceptionally well with others and believe that your amicable staff would allow me to work at my full potential. I am ready to work extensively to build trust and a position of relevance in this office.
Once again, I thank you sincerely for this position at the clinic. Not only will this prove to be a welcome challenge for me personally, but also a worthwhile professional investment in the future. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
5. Medical Laboratory Assistant Thank You Letter
February 18, 2021
Fairlight Medical CenterWilliston, ND 58801
|Subject:Thanking you for the Medical Laboratory Assistant position|
|Dear Ms. Green,|
I write this letter to you as a token of appreciation for offering me the position of Medical Laboratory Assistant at Fairlight Medical Center, dated January 31, 2021. The knowledge of rules and regulations that you have imparted to me before my joining date will go a long way in making my work that much easier!
I feel that my expertise is uniquely qualified for this post at your office, and I am willing to work tirelessly to prove this point. I will be available at all hours, in case you need to contact me for any further information regarding my background. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything.
Thank you once again for this fantastic opportunity.
6. Medical Administrative Assistant Letter
January 21, 2021
Scottsville Rural Health ClinicScottsville, KY 42164
|Subject:Thanking you for the medical administrative assistant position|
|Dear Mr. Obrien,|
I am writing this letter as a token of thanks for considering me as a serious candidate for the Medical Administrative Assistant position at Scottsville Rural Health Clinic.
I am well aware of the clinic’s reputation in the firm handling of its administrative contexts and situations. I would like to exercise the same strong-willed decision-making capabilities in this regard. I find my skillset worthy of this position, as I have also been trained to handle difficult administrative situations in the past as well, during my externships. My background information and resume have been submitted to the office for further perusal if you wish to do so. In case you need any additional information, you are welcome to contact me at any hour of the day.
I cannot thank you enough for this worthwhile experience and would be delighted to hear from you soon.
Why should you Send a Thank You Note?
A thank you note has the power to change minds and influence people. Although this idea seems far-fetched, a simple thank you note can do a lot for your next career step. Keep in mind that if you send a thank you note to a possible employer after an interview, internship, externship, or selection, you are etching your personality’s imprint onto their memories. This will help you go a long way in the company or office. There are a few significant reasons for sending a thank you note.
- It shows respect – It is essential to let the person(s) on the receiving end of the thank you letter know that their efforts have been greatly appreciated. Too few candidates who apply for jobs or internships keep in mind that one of the basic tenets of humanity is to show respect to the other person. Your interviewer may likely have foregone personal or professional interests in order to take your interview at a time you may have specified. Although what ultimately helps you is your resume or CV, a sign of respect through a thank you note can give your interviewer a fair idea of your personality.
- Too few candidates actually take this practice into account – Thankyou notes have become a thing of the past. With the fast-moving pace of the world today, it is likely that both the interviewer and the interviewee aren’t aware that sending a thank you note was common courtesy in the earlier years. This can work to your advantage, however, due to the fact that the minute you do something even slightly different from your competition, such as send a thank you note, you automatically jump onto the higher rungs of the selection ladder. You stand out amongst some candidates who might even have better resumes than you do.
- It helps you recap – If your interview went well, then you’d be remiss not to reiterate certain ideas that may have stood out to the interviewers. A recap of the most vital points that you want to make can come off as firm in intention to the people involved in the selection process. Not only does it show intent, but also a specific type of leadership, which may be important in the long run. This helps the receiver remember the details of the sender and also gives the company or interviewer a brief outline of how the sender is. In other words, it helps paint a worthwhile character sketch. Keeping these points in mind, make sure to write a thank you letter after an interview for a medical assistant. Help yourself by taking advantage of the little things! After all, simplicity is elegance, regardless of which professional field you are in.